Page under review
Our aim is to encourage the children to learn through play whilst having fun in a safe stimulating and happy environment. We offer activities that are built around children’s individual needs and interests. The children have access to a number of trolleys containing a variety of resources which not only gives them more choice of what to play with but also encourages greater independence.
We operate a free-flow policy to the outdoor areas throughout the year whatever the weather so that the children can choose to access the activities either indoors or out.
Our activities and resources include the following
- Different role-play each week, the children can be train drivers, builders, chefs, doctors and so on.
- Craft including painting, drawing ,sticking
- Tactile for example play dough, sand, coloured rice
- A variety of books are available both indoors and out together with quiet areas to enjoy them in.
- access to ICT – laptops and cameras
- number-rich environment giving opportunities for counting, sorting, and measuring
- musical activities including singing, dancing and making their own instruments
- Access to small world choice trolley including farm, trains
- Construction, bricks of all sizes to use indoors and out
- Selection of resources for physical activities such as bikes, scooters, bats and balls, hoops
- Cooking to take home or making their own healthy snacks
- Weekly theme for the children to become involved with, and to bring items from home to show the other members of the group.
- Group story time, the opportunity to join in with their favourite stories
The children who attend our Pre-school also have the opportunity to go on a number of trips within our local community.
Using these trips we hope to
- Develop links with our community by visiting local café, church, shops, schools.
- Encourage independence
- Provides different learning environment and opportunity. Encourage interests and hobbies
- Provide opportunity for parental involvement
Holbrook Community Pre-School, North Heath Hall, St Mark’s Lane , Horsham, RH12 5PU